GREAT THINGS HAPPENING IN ARIZONA
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corp., one of the world’s leading private jet manufacturers, announced it will build a new aircraft service center at the Arizona Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. The facility, which will expand Gulfstream’s maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) capabilities in the region, is expected to open in 2023 and house hundreds of jobs.
- Recent projections by the Office of Economic Opportunity show Arizona is estimated to add 721,689 new jobs over the next decade, three times higher than the national average. A KTAR interview with ACA staff details gains across all private sectors and 15 counties in the state.
- Arizona Mesa-based Atlis Motor Vehicles, a manufacturer of electric work trucks and fast-charge batteries, has partnered with EAVX to integrate its automotive chassis and accessories into the Atlis EV platform. The agreement includes the development of the next generation of service and utility vehicle platforms; commercial work truck accessories; and commercial freight and dump vehicle platforms for the North American market.
- Moov Technologies, a startup that runs an online marketplace for used semiconductor manufacturing equipment, recently raised $41 million in series A funding to build out its team and expand its service offerings. Moov was founded in San Francisco and moved its head office to Arizona earlier this year.
- Az Inno reported Phoenix Arizona and Tucson Arizona are among the country’s top clean technology and innovation hubs. According to a recent report, the Phoenix metro ranked No. 22 and Tucson ranked No. 39 in the Cleantech Innovation Hubs Survey from Colorado-based venture capital and research firm Saoradh Enterprise Partners.